Are you practicing positive thinking?
Negative thoughts can affect your ability to see your success, as well as make you feel bad about yourself, the world around you and can lead to poor choices. Thankfully, you can turn yourself around by merely focusing on positive thinking.
· Create a Minimum “To-Do” List - Each day, look at your calendar and schedule and see what you need to do for the day to be a success for that one day. It should not be 12 hours of work either. It should be a realistic depiction of the minimum needed tasks to experience success as scheduled.
· Celebrate Your Small Successes - When you check off your minimum daily tasks, you should celebrate that you accomplished those tasks. Don’t look at how much you need to do for your future “finish” date. Instead, look at what you have done and celebrate that.
· Keep a Gratitude Journal - Every evening, write down three things you’re thankful for in life in general and for that very day. Then in the morning, read those three things before you begin your day. When you focus on the good in your life, you’re going to feel more successful.
· Meditate Daily - Take the time out of your day each day to meditate. You don’t have to meditate for a long time to see results. Just five minutes a day can make a big difference in your mood and your thoughts. You also can meditate in different ways, such as by walking in nature, lying on the living room floor listening to music, or the typical way most people think of it. It’s up to you. But clear your mind so that you can reset and start fresh.
· Time Limit Your Negativity - When you allow a negative thought to enter your mind, instead of dissing it with more negativity, try stopping and doing something else that makes you feel positive. Five minutes watching babies laugh on YouTube can pay off in numerous ways.
· Practice Changing Your Thoughts - When a negative thought enters your mind, you can also practice changing them. If you have a negative thought, think it out, and then instead turn it around to something positive. With practice, the negative thoughts will resolve themselves.
You don’t have to be overly positive for this to work. If you have trouble turning a negative thought into a positive one, use a neutral thought instead.
Love and Greatness,
As a Psychotherapist and Business Coach, Shanna helps entrepreneurs strategize, monetize and execute their vision without sacrificing their mental health so they can reclaim their time, gain clarity and amplify their income and impact.
Click here to schedule a Discovery Call.