Updated: May 22
As entrepreneurs, it is important to take care of our mental health as it affects how we work, how we think, and how we feel. Furthermore, research shows the importance of managing stress and maintaining positive mental health for successful business outcomes
𝗠𝗮𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝗯𝗼𝘁𝗵 𝗠𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗹 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗹𝘁𝗵 𝗔𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗦𝗺𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗕𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗠𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗵. 𝗧𝗵𝘂𝘀, 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗻𝗼 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗲𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗲𝘂𝗿𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘀𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗦𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗮 𝗔. 𝗝𝗲𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗵𝗮𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗱 #𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗠𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗖𝗼𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗳𝗘𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗲𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽.
𝗧𝗼𝗱𝗮𝘆, 𝘄𝗲 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗱𝘂𝗰𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗖𝗼-𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝗛𝗶𝗴𝗵 𝗣𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁 𝗙𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸, 𝗦𝗵𝗮𝘆 𝗝𝗼𝗵𝗻𝘀𝗼𝗻.
𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗱𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗺𝗶𝗰 𝗵𝗮𝘀 𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗹 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗹𝘁𝗵 𝗼𝗳 𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗲𝘂𝗿𝘀? 𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗽𝘀 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗲𝘂𝗿𝘀 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗮𝗴𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗱𝗱𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘂𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗺𝗶𝗰?
2020 was a very difficult year for a lot of people. Existence as we knew it was changing drastically daily. As entrepreneurs it caused us to get creative, innovative, and really own our presence. Entrepreneurs had to learn social media in a way we never had to learn it before. The thought of adapting to change in a middle of a pandemic for me personally, was nerve racking. My mental health struggled a lot during the first year of the pandemic trying to navigate business, family, life, and a pandemic. As a mental health provider, I had to understand it was my duty to be my best self to serve the people that needed me most, my clients. 3 years later, and many of us are still dealing with the aftermath of the pandemic. However, with time we have learned how to swim through the current.
Steps that I would suggest to any entrepreneur new or tenured are simple:
1. Make time for yourself often (whether that’s once a day, twice a week, three times month)
2. Never stop learning (there are so many programs, systems, people that we can learn from)
3. Embrace the down season (we as entrepreneurs get hard on ourselves when we’re not hitting goals daily, learn to study the market, make the necessary pivots, and try again tomorrow)
4. Love your work! (If we do not love what we do, it brings on extreme bouts of unwanted stress)
5. Prioritize self-care! (Physically, mentally, socially, spiritually, and emotionally: its important) 6. Build a team and take your time doing it (Rome was not built in a day, and it also was not built by one person; there really is power in a solid team).
𝗔𝗻𝘀𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗕𝘆: 𝗦𝗵𝗮𝘆 𝗝𝗼𝗵𝗻𝘀𝗼𝗻, 𝗕𝗔, 𝗤𝗣, 𝗠𝗛𝗙𝗔-𝗜𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿, 𝗙𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘁 𝗖𝗼-𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿: 𝗛𝗶𝗴𝗵 𝗣𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁 𝗙𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸 𝗣𝗼𝗱𝗰𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗛𝗼𝘀𝘁: 𝗪𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗦𝗵𝗮𝘆 𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗲𝗳 𝗢𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗲𝗿: 𝗪𝗲 𝗜𝗻𝘀𝗽𝗶𝗿𝗲 𝗧𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗚𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗽 𝗞𝗶𝗱𝘀.
𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗘𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗰𝗹𝘂𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗵 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮 𝘃𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘂𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝘂𝗺𝗺𝗶𝘁 𝗼𝗻 𝗘𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗲𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽 + 𝗠𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗹 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗹𝘁𝗵 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗯𝘆 𝗦𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗮 𝗔. 𝗝𝗲𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗻 𝗠𝗔𝗬 𝟯𝟭, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯 𝗥𝗘𝗚𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗢𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝘄𝘄.𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗠𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗖𝗼𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗳𝗘𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗲𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽.𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗼